Thursday, January 13, 2011

Today's the Day. It's on the Calendar.

I just learned that today, January 13th, is Make Your Dreams Come True Day! Who knew such a thing existed? I like the idea of this day, because it’s not directly linked to the need to buy greeting cards or send flowers (Not that there’s anything wrong with cards or flowers! We have plenty of both around here.).

And this is just the shelf where we keep our reports!
Instead, it’s about being given a reason to reach for, work for or ask for what you really want in life.  (Along those lines, if someone wants to send me a quilted Chanel bag, it would make my dreams come true!)

A lot of what we create at Gently Spoken is about encouraging people to live their lives to the fullest and trust in their own ability to make their dreams come true.  You couldn't ask for a more positive environment.

Earlier this season, a very nice couple in the store was telling me about their vision boards.  They have a wall filled with big bulletin boards dedicated to positive, inspiring messages that correspond to their goals for the future.  Luckily, I had some Scatter Joy cards that were a perfect fit.

Cheryl has something similar to the vision board idea plastered across the back of her desk:
She also wrote a message for me apropos of my ill advised afternoon desire for white chocolate mocha and the inevitable sugar crash that follows:

Why not consider every day was Make Your Dreams Come True Day?  You never know what could be just around the corner...

T

No comments:

Post a Comment