Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spring is in the Air

The weather outside may indeed be frightful, but spring has come to Gently Spoken with Cheryl's new displays!


Yes, we possess more artificial veggies than any other shop on Main Street!

The soap you see beside EYP for Daughters is ridiculously delicious smelling.
My favorite part: the peas are wearing rings!


We're feeling warm and fuzzy inside as well thanks to this sweet testimonial from a new reader:
"A few years ago I became very depressed.  I live away from my parents, since college, and am on my own.  In the time of my deepest depression I pushed everyone in my life out of it.  My mother felt helpless as I wouldn't answer her phone calls.  She had to do something, she was not able to let go when I needed her to.  So she started sending me the Eat Your Peas Seeds for the Soul every week.  I got a little card in the mail about once a week with an Eat Your Peas message. She'd write on them to personalize or put a "we" instead of an "i".
I am not sure why I didn't keep all of them, or when I started keeping some of them, or even why.  But they cover my fridge and are tucked away with my sentimental cards.
I wanted to just let you know that those cards were able to keep a connection with my mother and I, and did make a great difference in that period in my life.  I am reminded of that and how they made me feel, every time I see them.  I hope, when I have my own children one day, to be able to do that for my children as my mother did for me if they are ever sad or down.
So, thank you, for creating such beautiful things to touch others lives. They had a huge impact on me."
Stories like this are why I love packing up orders for our customers; you just never know who's going to receive them and what kind of impact a few kind words can have on a person who's feeling lost and lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment